We recommend the following weekly mindfulness practice groups which are in the style of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction and accessible to all regardless of spiritual/religious orientation. All of these groups are drop-in. You may contact them ahead for more information and an orientation to what they do or simply drop in. Prior experience with MBSR is helpful.
- Mindfulness Meditation Group - Wednesdays at 10 am - Red Cedar Dharma Hall (1021 N Forest St). Our peer-led meditation group meets every Wednesday from 10 am – 11:30 am at the Red Cedar Dharma Hall in Bellingham. Doors open at 9:45 and everyone is encouraged to arrive and get settled early so we can start and end promptly.
- Our meditative practices are focused on those employed in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR): mindfulness meditation, mindful yoga, body scans, loving-kindness meditation. Senior group members take turns leading the meeting.
- Our group is open to new members who have had formal Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction or Mindfulness Meditation classes. We do collect fees from members to cover the rent: $5 per session or $15 per month.
- NOTE: Before attending, please contact Maria: Email or call (360) 220-3353
- Bellingham Insight Meditation Society – www.bellinghaminsight.org - meditation in the Insight tradition (a simplified version of the Buddhisms of Thailand and Burma) – emphasis on longer sitting periods and community interaction. Meets at Red Cedar Dharma Hall (1021 N Forest St). “BIMS” has monthly orientations for newcomers on the 1st Tuesday of the month 6pm-7pm. Monthly one-day sits, weekend retreats, longer off-site retreats
- Tuesday Evening Practice – Tuesdays 7pm – 9pm. Usually a 45 minute sitting period followed by a program of discussion or lecture.
More info: email@example.com or (206)235-3489