For Healthcare Providers: a class teaching the fundamentals of mindfulness and MBSR. Hosted by The Everett Clinic.
Join us, along with other healthcare providers and their family members, in an investigation of mindfulness from the inside out. Mindfulness for Healthcare Providers is based on Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR). MBSR is the best researched mindfulness intervention with positive research indications for:
- Improving immune system function
- Reducing anxiety
- Preventing relapse of depression
- Reducing negative emotional response to stress
- Managing chronic pain
- Addressing chronic health conditions including high blood pressure, fibromyalgia, heart disease, asthma, GI distress, and skin disorders
- Effectively coping with short and long-term stressful situations
- Encouraging growth in the brain areas associated with learning, memory, focus, attention, emotional regulation, and empathy
- Enhancing compassion and altruism
- Reducing pregnancy-related anxiety
- Helping professionals cope with stress, connect with patients, and reduce burnout-inducing negative emotions and anxiety
- Coping with PTSD (veterans and other sufferers)
- Increasing “mindfulness of eating” (e.g., in relationship to obesity)
- Improving general health and well-being through a focus on prevention and greater awareness of what's truly harmful and helpful
This Mindfulness for Healthcare Providers class was inspired by MBSR and offers a deep taste of mindfulness training in a shorter 4-week period.
This course is open to all Everett-area healthcare providers and therapists (MD/DO/PA/NP/RN/LMHC/MHC/MSW, etc.) and their spouse or partner.
Mindfulness for Healthcare Providers is a structured 4-week course on mindfulness that promotes stress reduction, health and well-being. This highly participatory, practical class includes:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Inquiry exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life
- Group dialogue and small group exercises
- Daily home assignments
- Guided audio files for home practice
- a 40-page workbook with short readings, a guide to the course, and resources to support your ongoing investigation of mindfulness
Please see our MBSR page for full details about the well-researched MBSR class designed by Jon Kabat-Zinn and the Center for Mindfulness at the UMass Medical Center.
5 meetings: 4 regular class sessions and one extended session.
4 Wednesdays evenings 6:00pm - 8:30pm: October 11, (skip October 18), October 25, November 1, (skip November 8), November 15
Extended session: Sunday November 5th, 9am - 3pm
Instructor: Richard Johnson, PhD, Mindfulness Northwest Senior Instructor
TEC Evergreen Building
7600 Evergreen Way
Everett, WA 98203
Contact Valerie Murray at email@example.com or 425-339-5462, extension 3804. For those affiliated with TEC, see also TEC's internal training website.