An Introduction to Mindfulness
This class has been canceled. Please consider joining our 3-week Getting Started with Mindfulness and Compassion class instead.
Have you been curious about mindfulness and it's benefits? This 3-hour class offers an accessible and hands-on introduction to mindfulness. Simple practices of breathing and mindful movement will support our discussion as we explore mindfulness from the inside out. After this course you will have a good idea whether you'd like to pursue mindfulness training further.
- Discuss the origins of mindfulness
- Touch on stress physiology
- And explore how mindfulness practices can help us engage in our relationship to experience, reducing stress and enhancing well-being.
Recent research shows that Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) - the type of mindfulness taught by Mindfulness Northwest - has these effects:
- Reduces chronic pain and boosts the immune system
- Addresses painful mental states like depression and anxiety
- Minimizes emotional reactivity and promotes well-being
- Increases flexible attention and sharpens mental focus
- And actually thickens grey matter in the areas of empathy and problem-solving.
- Happiness is a delightful by-product.
Saturday afternoon September 9th, 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Red Cedar Dharma Hall
1021 N. Forest St
Bellingham, WA 98225
(map and directions)
Debra Wibe, seasoned meditator and Certified Mindfulness Teacher through the Mindfulness Northwest Teacher Training Program.
$20 - $60 regular sliding scale (paying on the higher end makes the lower end possible, our usual built-in "scholarship" system).
Financial Assistance: Scholarship assistance may be available for those unable to pay at the low end of the sliding fee scale. Please APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP.Registration:
or register by phone at 360-830-6439 ext 0.