A drop-in Mindfulness class to continue the practice of mindfulness. Designed for those who have taken the Mindfulness for Healthcare Professionals course and open to all.
The Physicians' Well-Being Network is happy to announce new programs to enhance the health of regional healthcare providers, with gratitude for their sponsor: The St. Joseph Hospital Foundation.
This course is for healthcare providers and therapists (MD/DO/PA/NP/RN/LMHC/MHC/MSW, etc.) and their spouse or partner. It is designed to provide ongoing practice opportunities for those who have taken the 5-week Mindfulness for Healthcare Providers class. And it is open to others with an interest in mindfulness.
This highly participatory, practical class continues our practices of:
- Body Awareness practices such as the Body Scan and Gentle Mindful Yoga
- Seated meditation including Awareness of Breathing, Labelling, and Loving-Kindness-Meditation.
- Inquiry and dialog around the application of mindfulness in everyday life at work and at home.
- Discussion of brief informal practices that you can do anywhere.
- Support for in-depth formal practice as home (or perhaps in the car at lunch!).
- Ongoing development of a community of practice for medical professionals of the Bellingham area.
Instructor: Tim Burnett, Executive Director & Guiding Instructor at Mindfulness Northwest
2nd and 4th Mondays, 6:30pm - 8:00pm on Sept 25, Oct 9, Oct 23, Nov 13, Nov 27, and Dec 11th.
St. Joseph Hospital, Conference Room 5
(the right side of room 5/6 as you leave the cafeteria)
at 2901 Squalicum Parkway, Bellingham, WA 98225
There is no fee for this drop-in course.
These drop-in sessions continue the work derived from the well-researched, 8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course designed by Jon Kabat-Zinn and the Center for Mindfulness at the UMass Medical Center.
Our mindfulness courses have been offered to physicians at many regional medical centers since 2012 including UW Medicine, Evergreen Health, The Everett Clinic, Skagit Valley Medical Center, UW Valley Medical Center, Providence Northwest Group, and statewide through our partnership with the Washington Physicians Health Program.