Join us in the company of other WPMG clinicians in an investigation of mindfulness from the inside out. Mindfulness for Healthcare Professionals is based on Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR). MBSR is the best researched mindfulness intervention with positive research indications for:
- Reduced stress and anxiety while working
- Reduced burnout
- Improved communication and relationships with patients
- Better patient outcomes
- Improved communications and relationships with co-workers
- Improved focus and creativity
- Greater job satisfaction
This course is for all WPMG clinicians in the Kitsap service area. For questions on eligibility email: KPWA.firstname.lastname@example.org
Mindfulness for Healthcare Professionals is a structured 5-week course on mindfulness that promotes stress reduction, health and well-being. This highly participatory, practical class includes:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Inquiry exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life
- Group dialogue and small group exercises
- Daily home assignments
- Guided audio files for home practice
- a 40-page workbook with short readings, a guide to the course and resources to support your ongoing investigation of mindfulness
Please see our MBSR page for full details about the well-researched MBSR class designed by Jon Kabat-Zinn and the Center for Mindfulness at the UMass Medical Center, on which this Mindfulness for Healthcare Professionals class is based.
6 meetings: 5 regular class sessions and one extended session.
Monday mornings 7:00am - 9:30am, November 6th - December 11th (skipping November 27th)
Extended session: Saturday December 9th, 9:00am - 4:00pm
Karen Schwisow, E-RYT, Senior Instructor at Mindfulness Northwest
Bonnie Shultz, MSW, LICSW, collaborating teacher at Mindfulness Northwest
Silverdale Medical Center
10452 Silverdale Way NW
Silverdale, WA 98383
(map and directions)
Will be assessed by WPMG.
The fee includes all 6 meetings and instructional materials (course manual and home practice CDs).