Join us in the company of other WPMG clinicians in an investigation of mindfulness from the inside out. You'll be participating in the gold-standard mindfulness course, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), whose benefits are supported by 40 years of peer-reviewed research (much of it with clinician groups). These benefits include:
- Reduced stress and anxiety while working
- Reduced burnout
- Improved communication and relationships with patients
- Better patient outcomes
- Improved communication and relationships with co-workers
- Improved focus and creativity
- Greater job satisfaction
This course is for all WPMG clinicians in the Tacoma service area. For questions on eligibility email: KPWA.email@example.com.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction is a highly participatory, practical class that includes:
- Learning about the science behind mindfulness and the research supporting the benefits of having a work/personal mindfulness practice
- Instruction on, and practice of, several types of mindfulness meditation
- Instruction on, and practice of, gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Inquiry exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life
- Take-home assignments to build your personal practice (home and work)
- Guided audio files for your personal practice
- A 40-page workbook with short readings, a guide to the course, and resources to support your ongoing investigation of mindfulness
9 meetings: 8 regular class sessions and one extended session.
Class sessions: Tuesday evenings 4:00pm - 6:30pm, January 30th - March 20th
Extended session: Sunday March 11th, 9:00am - 4:00pm (Don't miss this one!)
Karen Schwisow, E-RYT, Senior Instructor at Mindfulness Northwest
Bonnie Shultz, MSW, LICSW, collaborating teacher at Mindfulness Northwest
Tacoma South Clinic (conference room, main floor)
9505 South Steele Street
Tacoma, WA 98444
Extended session (Sunday March 11th):
Cost: Any fees will be announced and assessed by WPMG.
Registration: To save your space, register below. Note that no fees will be assessed at this time.