A Couples Retreat at beautiful St. Mary-on-the-Lake (Bellevue)
Infuse your relationship with practices that foster trust, security, stability, and intimacy.
This two-day retreat offers couples the opportunity to explore how to nourish their relationship by cultivating the values of love, understanding, and commitment and integrating them into their lives through mindfulness. We provide couples with a rich environment for growth as they practice wholehearted communication, reflection, and various forms of mindfulness meditation.
- Learn what mindfulness is and what it means to relate to their partner with a mindful heart
- Explore how to get to the root of and change relationship patterns such as blame, defensiveness, avoiding conflict, and shutting down
- Identify and learn how to release obstacles and inner resistance
The retreat includes:
- Group presentation and discussion
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Couples exercises
- A workbook with short readings, a guide to the retreat, and resources to support your ongoing investigation of mindfulness
- Note that this is a non-residential retreat: we'll travel to Bellevue from home, or from other lodging, on Saturday and Sunday. Meals will be your own sack lunch. For those who may need overnight accommodations there are hotels within 10 minutes of the retreat center.
This Couples Retreat will take place at the beautiful Peace and Spirituality Center of St. Mary-on-the-Lake, on the shores of Lake Washington. This nine-acre site offers wooded paths, mountain views, a dock on the lake and a spacious, modern indoor space. All will be well-cared-for and can relax into the pace and rhythm of this weekend together.
Saturday April 14th, 9 am - 5 pm (8:30 am check-in; light breakfast fare provided)
Sunday April 15th, 9 am - 4 pm
Peace & Spirituality Center
1663 Killarney Way
Bellevue, WA 98004
(map and directions)
Instructors: Richard and Teresa Johnson
$100 - $180 regular sliding scale (per person). Paying on the higher end makes the lower end possible, our usual built-in "scholarship" system.
Payment plans are available during registration (4 equal monthly payments; no financing fee).
Financial Assistance: Scholarship assistance may be available for those unable to pay at the low end of the sliding fee scale. Please APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP.
This course is for couples of every age, ability, and sexual orientation but our registration system is set up for people to register individually. One person in the couple may register both of you in one transaction (the second person being registered as a guest), or each person may register separately.
REGISTER ONLINE or register by phone at 360-830-6439 ext 0.
Additional Course details:
Each day, please bring:
1) A lunch, and snacks for breaks
2) Warm outerwear - we’ll be walking outside
3) A yoga mat, if you have one, and a blanket for keeping warm during times of stillness
4) Sitting gear (cushions, bench, etc) if you have it