For Healthcare Professionals:
An ONLINE class teaching the fundamentals of mindfulness and MBSR.
Co-sponsored by WPHP & WSMA.
CME Credits Available.
NOTE: this class is nearing capacity. When full, you may choose to register and join the waiting list or you might like to register for our
Fall Online Mindfulness for Healthcare Professionals class.
Join us for an investigation of mindfulness from the inside out. Mindfulness for Healthcare Professionals is based on the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program. MBSR is the best researched mindfulness intervention with positive research indications for:
- Choose appropriate mindfulness training techniques in preventative and responsive ways in high stress situations.
- Utilize appropriate mindfulness practices to mitigate the risk factors for burnout.
- Discuss strategies with peers for a more positive, mindful engagement in work and home situations that have been previously triggered stress response and unhelpful behaviors.
- Identify helpful vs. unhelpful thought patterns, problem solving, emotional regulation, and meaning-focused coping strategies.
- Demonstrate meaningful change in personal mindfulness, perceived stress, and burnout as shown in standardized measures administered pre- and post-activity.
This Mindfulness for Healthcare Professionals class was inspired by MBSR and offers a deep taste of mindfulness training in a shorter 4-week period.
This course is open to all Washington State healthcare professionals and therapists (MD/DO/PA/NP/RN/LMHC/MHC/MSW, etc.).
Mindfulness for Healthcare Professionals is a structured 4-week course on mindfulness that promotes stress reduction, health and well-being. This highly participatory, practical class includes:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Inquiry exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life
- Group dialogue and small group exercises
- Daily home assignments
- Guided audio files for home practice
- a 40-page workbook with short readings, a guide to the course, and resources to support your ongoing investigation of mindfulness
Please see our MBSR page
for full details about the well-researched MBSR class (designed by Jon Kabat-Zinn and the Center for Mindfulness at the UMass Medical Center) upon which this Mindfulness for Healthcare Professionals class is based.
5 meetings: 4 regular class sessions and one extended session.
Class Sessions: 4 Tuesday evenings 6 pm- 8:30 pm: June 5 - July 3. (no class June 19th)
Extended Session: Sunday June 24, 1 pm - 7 pm. Those living in the Seattle area (or willing to travel!) may instead choose to attend an in-person Extended Session (see Note below).
Instructor: Tim Burnett, Executive Director and Guiding Instructor at Mindfulness Northwest
Location: Offered Live Online.
We'll use the Zoom video conferencing platform. Find out more about this easy to use software at www.Zoom.us. Broadband internet is required. Details on how to use Zoom will be sent with your registration.
The fee includes all 5 meetings and instructional materials (a downloadable manual and guided meditation audio tracks).
Payment plans are available during registration (4 equal monthly payments; no financing fee).
Financial Assistance: Scholarship assistance may be available for those in need. Please APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP.
REGISTER ONLINE or register by phone at 360-830-6439 ext 0.
A Special Note:
Those living in the Seattle area (or willing to travel!) may choose to attend one of the following in-person Extended Sessions rather than the online Extended Session scheduled for Sunday June 24, 1 pm - 7 pm:
There is no additional fee charged. Please simply register for the online course and then email us and let us know you'd like to attend an in-person Extended Session and we'll register you (assuming there is space available). And note that those attending an in-person Extended Session are still eligible to receive CME credits for that portion of the course.
Continuing Education / Accreditation Statement:
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Washington State Medical Association and Mindfulness Northwest. The WSMA is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The WSMA designates this internet live activity for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity meets the criteria for up to 14 hours of Category I CME credit to satisfy the relicensure requirements of the Washington State Medical Quality Assurance Commission.
Disclosure to Audience
The content of this activity is not related to products or services of an ACCME-defined commercial interest; therefore no one in control of content has a relevant financial relationship to disclose and there is no potential for conflicts of interest.