Join us in the company of other WPMG clinicians in an investigation of mindfulness from the inside out. You'll be participating in the gold-standard mindfulness course, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), whose benefits are supported by 40 years of peer-reviewed research (much of it with clinician groups). These benefits include:
- Reduced stress and anxiety while working
- Reduced burnout
- Improved communication and relationships with patients
- Better patient outcomes
- Improved communication and relationships with co-workers
- Improved focus and creativity
- Greater job satisfaction
This course is for all WPMG clinicians in the Seattle service area. For questions on eligibility email: KPWA.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction is a highly participatory, practical class that includes:
- Learning about the science behind mindfulness and the research supporting the benefits of having a work/personal mindfulness practice
- Instruction on, and practice of, several types of mindfulness meditation
- Instruction on, and practice of, gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Inquiry exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life
- Take-home assignments to build your personal practice (home and work)
- Guided audio files for your personal practice
- A 60-page workbook with short readings, a guide to the course, and resources to support your ongoing investigation of mindfulness
9 meetings: 8 regular class sessions and one extended session.
Class sessions: Wednesday mornings, 7 - 9:30 am, March 21 - May 9
Extended session: Saturday April 21st, 9 am - 4 pm (Don't miss this one!)
Richard Johnson, PhD, Senior Instructor at Mindfulness Northwest.
Richard was trained to teach MBSR by the Center for Mindfulness at the University of Massachusetts Medical School in 2010 and took advanced training in 2012. Having taught MBSR now for seven years, he has been inspired in every class by the way participants transform their lives through their mindfulness practices.
Kaiser Permanente - Capitol Hill Campus
201 16th Ave. E.
Seattle, WA 98112
Rooms for class sessions:
3/21 - CMB D624
3/28 - Central Main Building D649
4/04 - Central South Building A91/92 and A93
4/11 - Central Main Building D649
4/18 - Central Main Building D624
4/25 - Central Main Building D649
5/02 - Central South Building A91/92 and A93
5/09 - Central Main Building D649
Location for 4/21 retreat - TBA
Cost: Any fees will be announced and assessed by WPMG separately from this registation.
Registration: To save your space, register below.