Join us in the company of other WPMG clinicians in an investigation of mindfulness from the inside out. You'll be participating in the gold-standard mindfulness course, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), whose benefits are supported by 40 years of peer-reviewed research (much of it with clinician groups). These benefits include:
- Reduced stress and anxiety while working
- Reduced burnout
- Improved communication and relationships with patients
- Better patient outcomes
- Improved communication and relationships with co-workers
- Improved focus and creativity
- Greater job satisfaction
This course is for all WPMG clinicians in the North Snohomish Service Area. For questions on eligibility email: KPWA.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction is a highly participatory, practical class that includes:
- Learning about the science behind mindfulness and the research supporting the benefits of having a work/personal mindfulness practice
- Instruction on, and practice of, several types of mindfulness meditation
- Instruction on, and practice of, gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Inquiry exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life
- Take-home assignments to build your personal practice (home and work)
- Guided audio files for your personal practice
- A 60-page workbook with short readings, a guide to the course, and resources to support your ongoing investigation of mindfulness
9 meetings: 8 regular class sessions and one extended session.
Class sessions: Wednesday mornings, 8 - 10:30 AM, September 19 - November 14 (skipping October 17th)
Extended session: Saturday November 10, 9 AM - 4 PM (Don't miss this one!)
Richard Johnson, PhD, Senior Instructor at Mindfulness Northwest.
Richard was trained to teach MBSR by the Center for Mindfulness at the University of Massachusetts Medical School in 2010 and took advanced training in 2012. Having taught MBSR now for seven years, he has been inspired in every class by the way participants transform their lives through their mindfulness practices.
Kaiser Permanente Everett Medical Center
Conference Room C/D/E (on level C2)
2930 Maple St
Everett, WA 98201
(map and directions)
Extended session (Saturday November 10th):
Brightwater Environmental Education Center
22505 State Route 9 SE
Woodinville, WA 98072
(map and directions)
Cost: Any fees will be announced and assessed by WPMG separately from this registation.
Registration: To reserve your space use the Register button, below.