For individuals in recovery from alcohol or drug use, compulsive eating, or other addictive behaviors.
Mindfulness-Based Relapse Prevention is a novel treatment approach developed at the University of Washington. Mindfulness practices increase awareness of triggers, habitual patterns, and automatic reactions. These practices cultivate the ability to pause, observe present experience, and bring awareness to the range of choices before us in each moment.
- Develop awareness of personal triggers and habitual reactions, and create a pause in this seemingly automatic process.
- Change your relationship to discomfort, learning to recognize challenging emotional and physical experiences and respond to them skillfully.
- Foster a lifestyle that supports continued mindfulness practice and long-term recovery.
- Adopt a nonjudgmental, compassionate approach toward yourself and your experiences.
Mindfulness-Based Relapse Prevention is a structured 8-week course on mindfulness that promotes stress reduction, health and well being. This highly participatory, practical course includes:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Inquiry exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life
- Group dialogue and small group exercises
- Daily home assignments
Please see the MBRP page for full details about this well-researched class designed by psychologists at the University of Washington based on the well known MBSR program.
8 classroom sessions: Monday evenings, 5 - 7 pm, April 8 - June 3, skipping May 27.
Instructors: Mark Lazich, MS, LMHC and Colleen Semple, LMHC
Red Cedar Dharma Hall
1021 N. Forest St
Bellingham, WA 98225
(map and directions)
$360-$480 Sliding Scale Tuition.
Payment plans are available during registration (4 equal monthly payments; no financing fee).
REGISTER ONLINE or register by phone at 360-830-6439 ext 0.
For all details about our registration and cancellation policies, please see our Course Registration Policies page.
Our other Classes, Workshops, and Retreats
See our entire schedule of classes, workshops, and retreats.