Wednesday morning MBSR in Renton.
Mindfulness to meet the full spectrum of life's joys and challenges.
Join us in the company of other WPMG Administrative employees and MD leadership in an investigation of mindfulness from the inside out. You'll be participating in the gold-standard mindfulness course, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), whose benefits are supported by 40 years of peer-reviewed research. These benefits include:
- Reduced stress and anxiety while working
- Reduced burnout
- Improved communication and relationships with patients
- Better patient outcomes
- Improved communication and relationships with co-workers
- Improved focus and creativity
- Greater job satisfaction
This course is for all WPMG Administrative employees and MD leadership in the Renton Service Area. For questions on eligibility email: Brena.M.Burnard@kp.org
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction is a highly participatory, practical class that includes:
- Learning about the science behind mindfulness and the research supporting the benefits of having a work/personal mindfulness practice
- Instruction on, and practice of, several types of mindfulness meditation
- Instruction on, and practice of, gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Inquiry exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life
- Take-home assignments to build your personal practice (home and work)
- Guided audio files for your personal practice
- A 60-page workbook with short readings, a guide to the course, and resources to support your ongoing investigation of mindfulness
Instructor: Karen Schwisow, E-RYT, Mindfulness Northwest Senior Instructor. Karen is certified to teach MBSR by the Center for Mindfulness at the University of Massachusetts.
9 meetings: 8 regular class sessions and one extended session.
Class sessions: Wednesday mornings, 7:30 - 10:00 AM, February 6 - March 27
Retreat Day session: Saturday, March 9, 9 AM - 4 PM
Kaiser Permanente Renton Campus Baker Building, Room 180
(Note: Classroom on March 20 is Room 194)
1300 SW 27th St.
Renton WA 98057
(map and directions)
(Extended Session on Saturday, March 9)
Brightwater Environmental Education Center
22505 State Route 9 SE
Woodinville, WA 98072
(map and directions)
Cost: Any fees will be announced and assessed by WPMG separately from this registation.
Registration: To reserve your space use the Register button, below.
Our Other Classes, Retreats, and Workshops
See our entire schedule of classes, retreats, and workshops.