Join us in the company of other WPMG clinicians in an investigation of mindfulness from the inside out. You'll be participating in the gold-standard mindfulness course, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), whose benefits are supported by 40 years of peer-reviewed research (much of it with clinician groups). These benefits include:
- Reduced stress and anxiety while working
- Reduced burnout
- Improved communication and relationships with patients
- Better patient outcomes
- Improved communication and relationships with co-workers
- Improved focus and creativity
- Greater job satisfaction
This course is for all WPMG clinicians in the Olympia Service Area. For questions on eligibility email: KPWA.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction is a highly participatory, practical class that includes:
- Learning about the science behind mindfulness and the research supporting the benefits of having a work/personal mindfulness practice
- Instruction on, and practice of, several types of mindfulness meditation
- Instruction on, and practice of, gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Inquiry exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life
- Take-home assignments to build your personal practice (home and work)
- Guided audio files for your personal practice
- A 60-page workbook with short readings, a guide to the course, and resources to support your ongoing investigation of mindfulness
Instructor: Karen Schwisow, E-RYT, Mindfulness Northwest Senior Instructor. Karen is certified to teach MBSR by the Center for Mindfulness at the University of Massachusetts.
Schedule and Location:
Class sessions: Wednesdays, April 3 - May 22
Kaiser Permanente Olympia Medical Center
Conference Room A/B
700 Lilly Rd NE
Olympia, WA 98506
(map and directions)
All-Day Retreat: Saturday, May 11, 9 AM - 4 PM
(See Special Instructions in your Registration Confirmation Email for access through the JBLM Gate on this date.)
American Lake Conference Center
8085 NCO Beach Rd,
Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA 98438
(map and directions)
Cost: The cost to providers is $150. Payment is authorized via CME funds or personal check. Once registered, contact Trisha Harris to make payment at KPWA.email@example.com.
Providers may also utilize CME time for this course.
Registration: To reserve your space use the Register button, below.
Our Other Classes, Workshops, and RetreatsSee our entire schedule of classes, workshops, and retreats. Or to sign up for our MBSR 5-day Residential Intensive Training Retreat coming in August click here.