A silent day of continuous practice at beautiful Semiahmoo
A silent day of continuous practice at the gorgeous Semiahmoo County Park Cannery Lodge north of Bellingham - a very beautiful and peaceful location for practice on the spit surrounding Drayton Harbor, across from Blaine. We'll practice together inside their historic Cannery Lodge, with options for walking meditation and lunch break time outside on the water.
During this day-long retreat we will be guided in a sequence of meditation and mindfulness practices including: sitting meditation, the body scan, walking meditation (indoors and out!), gentle mindful yoga, and contemplative practices like the loving-kindness meditation.
The retreat is designed especially for those who have taken Mindfulness Northwest classes. A day to gather, see old friends, and re-invigorate our practice together. Others with teacher-led meditation experience or a background in contemplative practice are invited to join as well. If you are totally new to meditation this day may be a challenge but you are welcome to inquire - for some "jumping in" is a great way to start.
Tim Burnett, Executive Director and Guiding Instructor at Mindfulness Northwest. Tim is certified to teach MBSR by the Center for Mindfulness at the University of Massachusetts.
Carolyn McCarthy, Mindful Self-Compassion Teacher-in-Training at the Center for Mindful Self-Compassion and concurrent participant in the Mindfulness Northwest Teacher Training Program.
Cost: $55 - $105 Sliding Scale Tuition. Payment plans are also available during registration (four equal monthly payments; no financing fee).
Register Online or by phone at 360-830-6439 ext 0.
Cancellation Policy: For all details about our registration and cancellation policies, please see our Course Registration Policies page.
Additional Course details:
A day of immersion into mindfulness, stress reduction, and body awareness. Formal practices including body scan, mindful yoga, and sitting and walking meditation practiced together in silence.
- Your lunch.
- Layered clothing (including rain gear) as we often do walking meditation outside when possible.
- A blanket for keeping warm during times of stillness or lying down.
- An exercise or yoga mat if you have one.
- A meditation cushion or bench if you prefer (there will also be chairs to use).
- A commuter mug for tea if desired.
Please see the MBSR page to review details about the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction program. This retreat is based on the MBSR principles and practices. MBSR is a well-researched class designed by Jon Kabat-Zinn and the Center for Mindfulness at the University of Massachusetts. It has proven very effective in helping with many stress-related issues.
Notes for King County employees who are taking this course as part of the Balanced You program:
1) King County employees are eligible for free tuition via the King County Balanced You program. To sign-up for this course, please email BalancedYou@kingcounty.gov to request approval before registering on this website.
2) If for any reason a King County employee cannot attend a course they are registered for, please immediately notify KCTraining@kingcounty.gov. Cancellations must be received in writing at least five full business days prior to the start of the class. Registrants who cancel with less than five business days' notice or who fail to attend the class will be assessed a $100 cancellation fee.
Our Other Classes, Workshops, and Retreats See our entire schedule of classes, workshops, and retreats.