We, or our students, recommend the following weekly mindfulness practice groups in the Tacoma area. We are not yet aware of Tacoma practice groups in the non-religious MBSR style but you may find these offerings based in Buddhism and other traditions very helpful for supporting your practice.
TACOMA AREA Practice Options
- Trikaya Zen Center (trikayazencenter.org) 1513 North Oakes Street, Tacoma WA 98406, USA
Saturday & Sunday 10:00 AM till 11:50 AM, Tuesday 6:00 PM till 7:50 PM
Saturday Sittings generally consist of a half hour of sitting followed by a talk, or question and answer. Sunday sittings will focus more on the sitting practice and Daisan (private instruction) with the teacher.
- Tacoma Buddhist Center (tacomabuddhistcenter.org), Skill for Mind, 2702 N. Proctor Street Tacoma, WA 98407
Tuesday evenings, 7pm-9pm, Suggested donation: $10
- Tacoma Unitarian Church (tahomauu.com) 1115 S 56th St, Tacoma, WA 98408
Meditation in the Sanctuary Mondays 7pm – 9pm
30 minute practice followed by discussion.
- Shambhala Meditation Center of Tacoma - 711 St Helens Ave #103, Tacoma, (253) 2122669. seattle.shambhala.org/tacoma
OTHER NEARBY OPTIONS
● Eastside Insight Meditation Group – Kirkland – 1 st and 3 rd Thursdays. Northlake Unitarian 308 4th Avenue South. northlakeuu.org/eastside-insight-meditation-group/
● Olympia and Tacoma Groups Led by Jude Rozhon – Monday afternoons & Evenings in Tacoma; Thursday afternoons and Evenings in Tacoma. 235-302-0783 easeandjoy.com
See also Seattle Practice options and our Online Practice Group.