Learn the healing art of mindfulness in this well-respected class.
Are you interested in mindfulness and its potential for enhancing health and well being? Are you under stress? Are you struggling with chronic conditions such as chronic pain, depression, and anxiety? Are you feeling as if life is too much? Or do you simply want to live a fuller life with greater balance?
Recent research shows Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) reduces chronic pain and boosts the immune system; addresses painful mental states like depression and anxiety; minimizes emotional reactivity and promotes well-being; increases flexible attention and sharpens mental focus; and actually thickens grey matter in the areas of empathy and problem-solving. Happiness is a delightful by-product.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction is a structured 8-week course on mindfulness that reduces stress, and promotes health and well-being. This highly participatory, practical course includes:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Inquiry exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life
- Group dialogue and small group exercises
- Daily home assignments
- Guided audio files for home practice
- a 50-page workbook with short readings, a guide to the course, and resources to support your ongoing investigation of mindfulness
Please see the MBSR page for full details about this well-researched class designed by Jon Kabat-Zinn and the Center for Mindfulness at the UMass Medical Center.
Who this class is for:
This adult class is open to the general public. Come join us!
Instructor: Holly Bond, Mindfulness Northwest Instructor
Schedule and Location:
8 classroom sessions:
Kaiser Permanente Tacoma South Medical Center
Main Floor Conference Room
9505 Steele St S
Tacoma, WA 98444
(map and directions)
Retreat day: Saturday, July 18, 9 AM - 4 PM:
St. Placid Priory Multi-Purpose Room, Lacey. Also, please note that you will find some religious iconography displayed both inside and outside at St. Placid Priory.
Cost: $595 - $315 Sliding Scale Tuition. We also have special Scholarship Tuition options available for those unable to pay at the low end of the sliding scale. Payment plans are also available during registration (four equal monthly payments; no financing fee).
The registration fee includes all nine meetings and instructional materials (course manual and home practice CDs).
Please Note: Audio/video recordings of our instructors may occasionally be created for certification and training purposes during this program. These recordings will include only our instructors in the photo frame (though they may pick up student voices at some points in the recording) and are for internal use only.
REGISTER ONLINE or register by phone at 360-830-6439 ext 0.
For all details about our registration and cancellation policies, please see our Course Registration Policies page.
Notes for King County employees who are taking this course as part of the Balanced You program:
1) King County employees are eligible for free tuition via the King County Balanced You program. To sign-up for this course, you must use a @kingcounty.gov email address and provide your position at King County.
2) King County employees are limited to participating in one Community Class per quarter.
3) If for any reason a King County employee cannot attend a course they are registered for, please immediately notify Office@mindfulnessnorthwest.com. Cancellations must be received in writing at least five full business days prior to the start of the class. Registrants who cancel with less than five business days' notice or who fail to attend the class will be assessed a $100 cancellation fee by King County.
Our Other Classes, Retreats, and WorkshopsSee our entire schedule of classes, workshops, and retreats.