This participatory, practical introductory class includes:
- Definitions of mindfulness
- A helpful handout summarizing the benefits and applications of mindfulness in everyday life
- Guided body and breath awareness practices
- Group dialogue and small group discussion
- Suggestions on resources for ongoing practice and how to apply mindfulness at work and home
Based on the 8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program. MBSR has been shown to reduce chronic pain and boost the immune system; address painful mental states like depression and anxiety; minimize emotional reactivity and promote well-being; increase flexible attention and sharpen mental focus.
Register now through our partner organization.