An Hour of Mindfulness
Curious about mindfulness? Start here! Expect a one-hour interactive presentation introducing you to the research behind mindfulness and teaching some basic practices. You’ll leave with a handout and a tool kit of simple practices to use at work and home.
This participatory, practical introductory class includes:
- Definitions and benefits of mindfulness
- A helpful handout summarizing the benefits and practices of mindfulness
- Body and breath awareness practices
- Group dialogue and small group discussion
- Suggestions on resources for ongoing practice and how to apply mindfulness at work and home
Based on the 8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program. MBSR has been shown to reduce chronic pain and boost the immune system; address painful mental states like depression and anxiety; minimize emotional reactivity and promote well-being; increase flexible attention and sharpen mental focus.
Thursday, September 8
12:00 – 1:00pm
Village Books and Paper Dreams (Bellingham)
Register now through our partner organization.