Grow and Sustain your Mindfulness Practice in Community
Are you interested in continuing to develop your mindfulness practice? Want to deepen your understanding of mindfulness? Curious about the spiritual roots of contemporary mindfulness teachings? Are you seeking community and support around integrating the habit of daily meditation into your life?
This 8-week online course is for alumni of the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction program who are ready to explore mindfulness more deeply. It was developed by Mindfulness Northwest Founder and Executive Director Tim Burnett.
This course will support you in:
- Setting intentions for your practice of mindfulness
- Incorporating formal and informal mindfulness practices in your daily routine
- Learning ways to relate to the doings of your mind in a more healthy way
- Exploring mindfulness in the context of how you relate with others
- Learning how mindfulness was traditionally understood in Buddhism and how to apply this ancient wisdom to our modern lives
- Going more deeply into the scientific support and exploration of mindfulness and its benefits
- Being in community with other committed practitioners of mindfulness and an experienced teacher for two months
Each week expect:
- Hands-on mindfulness practices, exercises and meditations
- Discussion and exploration of how we’re incorporating mindfulness into our lives
- A deep dive into topics ranging from Buddhist teachings on the Four Foundations of Mindfulness to recent neuroscience
- Weekly home practice assignments, readings, handouts and videos to explore
- Connect with an accountability partner between classes to support your daily practice
You must have completed the 8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction course (with any teacher or school) before taking Deepening into Mindfulness.
Wednesdays, September 28 – November 23*
7 – 9pm PST
*No class on October 12
All-Day Retreat: Sunday, November 13, 9am-4pm PST
Offered Live Online. Zoom link will be sent to you by email once you register.
Tuition is offered on a sliding scale ($285-$530). We also offer payment plans and a limited number of scholarships for each program. No need to apply; simply choose the amount that’s right for your budget.
Register for this program
Registration is closed for this program.