*Canceled* An Evening of Mindfulness (1/20/22)
Curious about mindfulness? Start here! Expect a 90 minute hands-on program where you’ll learn the basics of what mindfulness is and how it can help.
This participatory, practical introductory class includes:
- Definitions and benefits of mindfulness
- A helpful handout summarizing the benefits and practices of mindfulness
- Body and breath awareness practices
- Group dialogue and small group discussion
- Suggestions on resources for ongoing practice and how to apply mindfulness at work and home
Based on the 8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program. MBSR has been shown to reduce chronic pain and boost the immune system; address painful mental states like depression and anxiety; minimize emotional reactivity and promote well-being; increase flexible attention and sharpen mental focus.
We ask that all participants wear facemasks and be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to attend in-person events.
Thursday, January 20
6:30 – 8:00pm
Mullis Community Center (Friday Harbor)
Register for this program
Registration is closed for this program.