Flourishing Together: Deepening in Compassion and Commitment
Imagine a whole day to focus on just the two of you without distractions, rediscovering not only who you are as a couple, but who you can become. In relationships that flourish, both partners commit to their individual growth and to their growth as a couple. This retreat is a day to explore what it means to practice compassion in your partner relationship and to commit freely in the small yet important moments that build trust, security, and connection.
“[The retreat] is beneficial for all couples at whatever stage or commitment level, to have the skills and resources to foster a loving, kind, and attentive relationship.”
“All of the exercises helped us to grow closer as a couple.”
This retreat day includes:
- Exercises to discover your strengths and where you can grow as a couple
- Reflection and meditation practices to cultivate compassion and commitment
- Partner time to share, rediscover each other, and strengthen your bond
- Group discussions (past participants have told us these sessions create a feeling of supportive community)
- A packet with short readings, exercises, and resources to support your ongoing practice of mindfulness and compassion and commitment as a couple
Who This Is Day Is For
This retreat is designed for all couples who wish to cultivate and deepen compassion and commitment in their relationship. The day is not designed to be couples’ therapy, though the exercises may provide couples the opportunity to see more clearly their strengths and areas of needed growth. No previous mindfulness instruction is necessary to attend.
“It is a way to learn and relearn ways to be with one another intentionally, as well as refresh how you hear and see one another.”
“It reminded us of things we love about each other beyond the day-to-day items that
usually take up most of our time.”
Saturday, September 30, 2023
10am – 5pm
Couples who wish to register together may do so choosing “Couples” Supporting, Our Cost, or Subsidized tuition levels. Or you may register separately using the “Individual” registration option. For Scholarship Tuition options, please plan to register separately due to the limited number of scholarships.
$135 – $220 per person (or $34 – $55/month)
- Sliding scale: Choose what’s right for you.
- Payment plan option: 4-months, no-interest.
- Limited scholarships available: No need to apply; just choose a scholarship tuition during registration.
Richard and Teresa Johnson have over 10 years of experience as family relationships facilitators as well as 35 years as partners committed to supporting and learning from each other. They credit their individual and shared mindfulness practices with supporting them as a couple through these many years.
Register for this program
Registration is closed for this program.