Growing Together: A Retreat Day for Couples
Are you and your partner ready to grow even closer? To practice more consideration of each other? To learn to take a step back rather than react? This retreat is a day for couples to nourish their relationship as they practice wholehearted communication, reflection, and various mindfulness practices.
This retreat day includes:
- Learning new ways to cultivate the core values of love and understanding
- Discovering new facets of each other and your relationship
- Guided instruction in connecting mindfulness meditation practices
- Group presentations and discussion on how to be mindful in relationship
- Exercises for partners to strengthen your bond
- A manual with short readings, exercises, and resources to support your ongoing investigation of mindfulness as a couple.
Bow Sanctuary is a peaceful wellness refuge in beautiful Bow, WA, which is in the Skagit Valley, 25 minutes South of Bellingham or 80 minutes North from Seattle. Arrive early to relax in the beautiful gardens with a beverage from the Persimmon Bistro (opens 9am).
Who This Is Day Is For
This retreat is designed for all couples who wish to cultivate or deepen their love and understanding of each other. The day is not designed to be couples’ therapy, though the exercises may provide couples the opportunity to see more clearly their strengths and areas of needed growth. No previous mindfulness instruction is necessary to attend.
“It is a way to learn and relearn ways to be with one another intentionally, as well as refresh how you hear and see one another.”
“It reminded us of things we love about each other beyond the day-to-day items that
usually take up most of our time.”
“[The retreat] is beneficial for all couples at whatever stage or commitment level, to have the skills and resources to foster a loving, kind, and attentive relationship.”
“All of the exercises helped us to grow closer as a couple.”
Couples who wish to register together may do so choosing “Couples” Supporting, Our Cost, or Subsidized tuition levels. Or you may register separately using the “Individual” registration option. For Scholarship Tuition options, please plan to register separately due to the limited number of scholarships.
- Sliding scale: Choose what’s right for you.
- Payment plan option: 4-months, no-interest.
- Limited scholarships available: No need to apply; just choose a scholarship tuition during registration.
Register for this program
Please log in
if you have an account