An Hour of Mindfulness
Curious about mindfulness? Start here! Expect a one-hour interactive presentation introducing you to the research behind mindfulness and teaching some basic practices. You’ll leave with a handout and a tool kit of simple practices to use at work and home.
This participatory, practical introductory class includes:
- Definitions and benefits of mindfulness
- A helpful handout summarizing the benefits and practices of mindfulness
- Body and breath awareness practices
- Group dialogue and small group discussion
- Suggestions on resources for ongoing practice and how to apply mindfulness at work and home
Based on the 8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program. MBSR has been shown to reduce chronic pain and boost the immune system; address painful mental states like depression and anxiety; minimize emotional reactivity and promote well-being; increase flexible attention and sharpen mental focus.
Although this event is free, please register to let us know you’re coming. We look forward to seeing you soon.
We ask that all participants be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to attend in-person events.
Thursday, September 2
12pm – 1pm
Village Books and Paper Dreams (Bellingham)
Register now through our partner organization.