Mindful Community of Snohomish County invites all Mukilteo and Everett School District Employees, ChildStrive staff, Wonderland staff, Casino Road Community Center, and Housing Hope staff to learn the healing art of mindfulness in this well-respected class.
This 8-week course includes:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Group dialogue and small group exercises
- A 72-page workbook with short readings, a guide to the course, and resources to support your ongoing investigation of mindfulness
- A 6-hour Saturday retreat, which has the potential to be held in person if all participants are comfortable with this
Decades of research show that Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) reduces chronic pain and boosts the immune system; addresses painful mental states like depression and anxiety; minimizes emotional reactivity and promotes well-being; increases flexible attention and sharpens mental focus; and actually thickens grey matter in the areas of empathy and problem-solving. Happiness can be a delightful by-product.
Please see our MBSR page for full details about this well-researched class. Designed by Jon Kabat-Zinn and the Center for Mindfulness at the UMass Medical Center.
Thursdays, April 7 – May 26
4:30 – 7:30pm PST
All-Day Retreat: Saturday, May 14, 9am – 3pm PST
Offered Live Online (with the potential for an in-person retreat day, depending on the comfort level of each participant).
Zoom link will be sent to you by email once you register.
CONTINUING ED FOR EDUCATORS
Up to 26 Clock Hours are available for eligible Washington State (K-12) teachers, administrators, and educational staff associates who take this course. Please check this page to confirm eligibility for clock hours. Mindfulness Northwest is an approved provider through Washington State OSPI.
Register for this program
Registration is closed for this program.