Now accepting applications!
Our MBSR Teacher Training (MBSR-TT) is an immersive, apprentice-style training in how to teach the 8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction course with skill and confidence. It features hands-on, in-classroom training with a high faculty-to-student ratio, facilitated cohort support, and individualized mentorship. Personalized feedback, flexibility, and warm support are the hallmarks of this unique certification program.
For program details, schedule, and prerequisites, please see our MBSR Teacher Training page.
Apply here for the 2022-24 cohort starting in January 2022.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Significant training in leading mindfulness or similar contemplative practices
(our Mindfulness Teacher Training Program (MTTP) is excellent preparation for this course)
- Ongoing personal mindfulness meditation practice
- Flexible, independent learner
- Team-oriented, “we first” orientation
- Creating a cohort from a diversity of backgrounds
The MBSR-TT is a significant commitment of time, energy, and funds. We are excited to be offering this intensive training and encourage you to review all materials before applying.
The application process includes a brief interview. After receiving your application we will contact you about an in-person or online interview.
1) Fill out the application below.
2) Ask a mentor, teacher, or colleague to send a letter of recommendation to email@example.com. Please ask your reference to help us understand why this teacher training program is a good fit for you at this time.
3) Upon receipt of application and letter of recommendation, we will contact you to schedule an applicant interview.
4) If you are selected for this year’s cohort we will let you know and request that you finalize your enrollment by making a $500 tuition deposit.
Mindfulness Northwest’s MBSR training provides an in-depth study of the course material, with ample time to discuss and dive into the material with senior teachers both in-person and in online group meetings. There are many opportunities to develop teaching skills with assistance from the senior teachers. The atmosphere is supportive, while also delivering important feedback.
Beth Glosten, Seattle
Starting January 2022.
See the MBSR-TT Info Page for more details about this immersive two-year teacher training.
ONLINE with In-person options.
$50 non-refundable application fee due now.
Program tuition is $9,100 (discounted to $7,700 for MTTP Alumni) over the course of this two year program. Payment plans are available.
Feel free to reach out to Mindfulness Northwest MBSR-TT Program Director Karen Schwisow at firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 830-6439 x 4.
Register for this program
Registration is closed for this program.