Now accepting applications!
Apply here for the 2022-24 cohort of the Mindfulness Northwest Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Teacher Training (MBSR-TT), starting in January 2022. For program details, schedule, and prerequisites, please see our MBSR Teacher Training page.
Looking for fundamental training in teaching mindfulness? Try our Mindfulness Teacher Training Program (MTTP).
Please note that this is an application, not a registration form. We look forward to reviewing your application.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Significant training in leading mindfulness or similar contemplative practices
- Ongoing personal mindfulness meditation practice
- Applicable situation / plan for teaching mindfulness
- Flexible, independent learner
- Team-oriented, “we first” orientation
- Creating a cohort from a diversity of backgrounds
The MBSR-TT is a significant commitment of time, energy, and funds. We are excited to be offering this intensive training and encourage you to review all materials before applying.
You are also invited to write to Mindfulness Northwest MBSR-TT Program Director Karen Schwisow (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about the program.
The application process includes a brief interview. After receiving your application we will contact you about an in-person or online interview.
1) Fill out the application below.
2) Ask a mentor, teacher, or colleague to send a letter of recommendation to email@example.com. Please ask your reference to help us understand why this teacher training program is a good fit for you at this time. [This step can be waived if you’ve completed our Mindfulness Teacher Training Program (MTTP).]
3) Upon receipt of application and letter of recommendation, we will contact you to schedule an applicant interview.
4) If you are selected for this year’s cohort we will let you know and request that you finalize your enrollment by making a $500 tuition deposit.
Note that we recommend writing your statements in a Word document and copy-pasting them into the application below to ensure you don’t lose your work. As this is a web form, there is no “Save” feature until you complete the entire application.
Starting January 2022.
See the MBSR-TT Info Page for more details.
Karen Schwisow and Tim Burnett.
ONLINE with an In-person Option.
$50 non-refundable application fee due now.
Program tuition is $9,100 (discounted to $7,700 for MTTP Alumni). Payment plans are available.