Now accepting applications!
Our MBSR Teacher Training (MBSR-TT) is an immersive, apprentice-style training in how to teach the 8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction course with skill and confidence. It features hands-on, in-classroom training with a high faculty-to-student ratio, facilitated cohort support, and individualized mentorship. Personalized feedback, flexibility, and warm support are the hallmarks of this unique certification program.
For program details, schedule, and prerequisites, please see our MBSR Teacher Training page.
Apply here for the 2023-25 cohort starting September 20, 2023.
To fulfill the prerequisites for application to MBSR-TT, you have:
- Taken the MBSR course at least once.
- Completed at least one silent, teacher-led meditation retreat of 5 days or longer.
- Established a consistent personal meditation practice.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Flexible, independent learner
- Team-oriented, “we first” orientation
- Creating a cohort from a diversity of backgrounds
The MBSR-TT is a significant commitment of time, energy, and funds. We are excited to be offering this intensive training and encourage you to review all materials before applying. Have questions? Please feel free to reach out to Program Director Karen Schwisow at email@example.com
The application process includes a brief interview with Karen. After receiving your application we will contact you about an in-person or online interview.
1) Fill out the application below.
2) Ask a mentor, teacher, or colleague to send a letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ask your reference to help us understand why this teacher training program is a good fit for you at this time.
3) Upon receipt of application and letter of recommendation, we will contact you to schedule an applicant interview.
4) If you are selected for this year’s cohort we will let you know and request that you finalize your enrollment by making a $500 tuition deposit.
Mindfulness Northwest’s MBSR training provides an in-depth study of the course material, with ample time to discuss and dive into the material with senior teachers both in-person and in online group meetings. There are many opportunities to develop teaching skills with assistance from the senior teachers. The atmosphere is supportive, while also delivering important feedback.
Beth Glosten, Seattle
Starting September 20, 2023.
See the MBSR-TT Info Page for more details about this immersive two-year teacher training.
ONLINE with In-person options in the Puget Sound and Atlanta, Georgia areas.
Feel free to reach out to Mindfulness Northwest MBSR-TT Program Director Karen Schwisow at email@example.com or (360) 830-6439 x 4.
TUITION & TIMING
Total program tuition for this two year program is:
$9,100 for those applying by May 1st (early bird)
$10,010 regular applications received after May 1st
(discounted to $7,700 for MTTP Alumni)
- Application: a $50 non-refundable fee is required at time of application.
- Upon acceptance into the program a $500 tuition deposit is due.
- Payments: tuition is paid through 15 monthly (interest free) payments:
- $634/month for regular tuition
- $573/month for early bird applicants
- $480/month for MTTP alumni.
There are no additional fees for this program from beginning through certification.