Join us for an investigation of mindfulness from the inside out. Our live online Mindfulness for Healthcare Professionals is based on the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program. MBSR is the best researched mindfulness intervention with positive research indications for:
- Choosing appropriate mindfulness training techniques for high stress situations.
- Utilizing appropriate mindfulness practices to mitigate the risk factors for burnout.
- Discussing strategies with peers for a more positive, mindful engagement in work and home situations.
- Identifying helpful vs. unhelpful thought patterns, problem solving, emotional regulation, and meaning-focused coping strategies.
- Demonstrating meaningful change in personal mindfulness, perceived stress, and burnout as shown in standardized measures administered pre- and post-activity.
This course is open to all members of the SCAL CRNA group.
Mindfulness for Healthcare Professionals is a structured 5-week course on mindfulness that promotes stress reduction, health and well-being. This highly participatory, practical class includes:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Group dialogue and small group exercises
- Daily home assignments
- Guided audio files for home practice
- A 60-page workbook with short readings, a guide to the course, and resources to support your ongoing investigation of mindfulness (provided in digital PDF format)
Please see our MBSR page for full details about the well-researched MBSR class (designed by Jon Kabat-Zinn and the Center for Mindfulness at the U Mass Medical Center) upon which this Mindfulness for Healthcare Professionals class is based.
Wednesdays, October 20 – November 17
6:30pm – 9pm PST
All-Day Retreat: Saturday, November 13, 9am – 3pm PST
Offered Live Online. Zoom link will be sent to you by email once you register.
This course is free for all SCAL KPNAA CRNA members.