Join us for an investigation of mindfulness from the inside out. Our live online Mindfulness for Healthcare Professionals is based on the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program. MBSR is the best researched mindfulness intervention with positive research indications for:
- Choosing appropriate mindfulness training techniques for high stress situations.
- Utilizing appropriate mindfulness practices to mitigate the risk factors for burnout.
- Discussing strategies with peers for a more positive, mindful engagement in work and home situations.
- Identifying helpful vs. unhelpful thought patterns, problem solving, emotional regulation, and meaning-focused coping strategies.
- Demonstrating meaningful change in personal mindfulness, perceived stress, and burnout as shown in standardized measures administered pre- and post-activity.
This course is open to all members of the SCAL CRNA group.
Mindfulness for Healthcare Professionals is a structured 5-week course on mindfulness that promotes stress reduction, health and well-being. This highly participatory, practical class includes:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Group dialogue and small group exercises
- Daily home assignments
- Guided audio files for home practice
- A 60-page workbook with short readings, a guide to the course, and resources to support your ongoing investigation of mindfulness (provided in digital PDF format)
Please see our MBSR page for full details about the well-researched MBSR class (designed by Jon Kabat-Zinn and the Center for Mindfulness at the U Mass Medical Center) upon which this Mindfulness for Healthcare Professionals class is based.
Wednesdays, October 20 – November 17
6:30pm – 9pm PST
All-Day Retreat: Saturday, November 13, 9am – 3pm PST
Offered Live Online. Zoom link will be sent to you by email once you register.
This course is free for all SCAL KPNAA CRNA members.
Register for this program
Registration is closed for this program.