Apply here for the 2023-24 cohort of the Mindfulness Northwest Mindfulness Teacher Training Program (MTTP). For program details and prerequisites please review the program description be certain you can attend all of the in-person retreats and seminars listed in the MTTP 2023-24 Key Dates section.
Please note that this is an application, not a registration form. We will be selecting a maximum of 14 participants for this cohort. We’re looking for a diverse group of learners. We welcome your application.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Prior meditation / teaching experience
- Applicable situation / plan for teaching mindfulness
- Flexible, independent learner
- Team-oriented, “we first” orientation
- Assembling a cohort from a diversity of backgrounds
The MTTP is a significant commitment of time, energy, and funds. We are excited to be offering this intensive training and encourage you to review all materials before applying.
You are also invited to write to or speak with Program Director Tim Burnett for if you have any further questions about the program before applying.
The application process includes an intake interview with Tim. After receiving your application we will contact you for a video conference interview using the Zoom platform.
1) Fill out the application form below
2) Ask a mentor, teacher, or colleague to send a letter of recommendation to email@example.com. Please ask your reference to help us understand why this teacher training program is a good fit for you at this time.
3) Upon receipt of application and letter of recommendation we will contact you to schedule an applicant interview.
4) If you are selected for this year’s cohort we will let you know and request that you finalize your enrollment by making a $500 tuition deposit.
Note that we recommend writing your statements in a Word document and copy-pasting them into the application below to ensure you don’t lose your work. This is a web form and there is no Save feature until you complete the entire application.
Scholarships and Social Justice
Mindfulness Northwest’s mission is to bring the healing possibilities of mindfulness training to all people and we recognize that tuition can be a barrier. If this is true for you, we warmly invite you to apply for a scholarship. Please let us know if your intention is to serve underserved communities in your future work as a mindfulness teacher, and any ways you are already working with or have served these communities, as this will be weighed into the scholarship award decision. Please include a note in your scholarship application. Questions? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about a Diverse Communities Scholarship.
TUITION & TIMING
Total program tuition for this nine month program is: $7,400
- Application: a $50 non-refundable fee is required at time of application.
- Upon acceptance into the program a $500 tuition deposit is due.
- Payments: tuition is paid through 12 monthly (interest free) payments starting in September:
- $575/month for regular tuition
Note that Room and Board at the in-person events at Samish Island Retreat Center in standard accommodations are covered by your tuition.
Optional Certification review after completion of the program is $500.
Graduation of the ’21-’22 MTTP Cohort
See the MTTP program description for more details.
Apply for this program
Registration is closed for this program.