Curious about mindfulness? Start here! Expect a 90 minute hands-on program where you’ll learn the basics of what mindfulness is and how it can help.
This participatory, practical introductory class includes:
- Definitions and benefits of mindfulness
- A helpful handout summarizing the benefits and practices of mindfulness
- Body and breath awareness practices
- Group dialogue and small group discussion
- Suggestions on resources for ongoing practice and how to apply mindfulness at work and home
Based on the 8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program. MBSR has been shown to reduce chronic pain and boost the immune system; address painful mental states like depression and anxiety; minimize emotional reactivity and promote well-being; increase flexible attention and sharpen mental focus.
NOTE: In addition to wearing facemasks for the duration of this event, all participants must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination at the venue’s request. You will be asked to upload your proof when you register.
Register for this program
Registration is closed for this program.