This residential retreat will be held mostly in silence at the beautiful Samish Island Campground and Retreat Center and will include a series of gently guided mindfulness practices including sitting meditation, walking meditation, gentle yoga, and the body scan.
Informative talks on the process of being on retreat, mindfulness, stress reactivity, and other topics will be presented by the instructors. Small and large group discussion centered around our experience together walking, sitting, and breathing in the quiet of the beautiful retreat site.
WHO THIS EVENT IS FOR
• Students of mindfulness and compassion interested in deepening their practice
• Graduates of our Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction and Mindful Self-Compassion courses
• Those who’ve discovered mindfulness at home, or through apps, who would like to take their practice to the next level and practice with a teacher
• Starts Friday with 4pm – 5pm check in followed by dinner and an orientation.
• Saturday is a full day of practice (7:00am to 8:30pm with breaks for meals).
• Sunday is a half day of practice (7:00am to Noon) followed by lunch and camp chores.
• The retreat concludes at 2:00pm on Sunday after lunch and camp clean up.
Simple accommodations and tasty, nutritious meals are included in your registration. Most rooms are comfortable rustic cabins sharing the campground bathhouses. There is an option for motel-style rooms with a shared en-suite bath for a surcharge. RV and tent camping are also available (water and electrical hookup provided). More information about accommodations here.
ABOUT SAMISH ISLAND RETREAT CENTER
This beautiful campground maintained by the Community of Christ at the east end of Samish Island (the “island” is accessible by road) offers stunning views, deep quiet, and simple accommodations. Mindfulness Northwest has been offering retreats at Samish for many years. More details about the venue can be found here.
Note that Samish is very lightly staffed allowing it to be more affordable than most venues. This helps us to hold registration fees at an affordable level. Every participant helps out with camp chores such as washing dishes and cleaning the buildings at the end of the retreat.
NOTE: In addition to wearing facemasks for the duration of this event, all participants must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination at the venue’s request. You will be asked to upload your proof when you register.
March 25 – 27
Friday 4-5pm – Sunday 2pm
Tuition is offered on a sliding scale ($290-$540). We also offer payment plans and a limited number of scholarships for each program. No need to apply; simply choose the amount that’s right for your budget. Food, lodging, and teachings are included in our all-inclusive registration fees. There is an additional surcharge ($40 – $60) for some lodging options (see registration section).
Registration closes at 11:55pm on Wednesday, March 23rd.
For more info on what to expect at a residential retreat, click HERE.
Register for this program
Registration is closed for this program.