Teacher Training Info Session
Ready to share your passion for mindfulness?
Wondering if teaching mindfulness could be your next step?
Curious about which of our two training programs is right for you?
Join the Director of the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Teacher Training Program (MBSR-TT) Karen Schwisow in this free info session to learn more about our two Teacher Training programs. Karen will review the prerequisites, application processes and content of these trainings, as well as taking any questions you may have.
Karen will be joined by Mindfulness Northwest (MNW) Programs Coordinator, Mindfulness Teacher Training Program (MTTP) graduate and MNW Instructor Teresa Johnson, who will share more about this program.
Karen & Teresa will also be joined by other alumni of our teacher training programs who will be there to answer your questions about their experience.
Some of the questions they may touch on include:
- Which program did you choose and why? The 9-month Mindfulness Teacher Training Program, OR the 2-year Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Teacher Training Program?
- What unique value did you experience in Mindfulness Northwest’s training?
- How manageable was the coursework with your busy life?
- How has your life changed since completing your training?
- In what ways have you used your training?
OUR TWO TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAMS
- Mindfulness Teacher Training Program (MTTP) – Our 9 month program, directed and led by Executive Director, Tim Burnett, lays the foundation for teaching mindfulness, including introductory workshops and trainings. A comprehensive foundation for any aspiring mindfulness teacher, this training thoroughly reviews the ancient roots and modern science of mindfulness, as well as contemporary pedagogical techniques. You’ll complete weekly reading and meditation assignments, practice leading meditations, and learn how to support mindful inquiry, all with a cohort of your peers.
- MBSR Teacher Training (MBSR-TT) – an immersive, apprentice-style training in how to teach the 8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction course with skill and confidence. It features hands-on, in-classroom training with a high faculty-to-student ratio, facilitated cohort support, and individualized mentorship. Personalized feedback, flexibility, and warm support are the hallmarks of this unique certification program.
The next Mindfulness Teacher Training Program (MTTP) cohort (’22-’23) starts September, 2023. Learn more and apply here.
The next MBSR Teacher Training cohort (’23-’25) starts September, 2023. Learn more and apply here.
Tuesday, August 8, 2023
7:00 – 8:30pm PT
Karen Schwisow, Teresa Johnson & alumni of our teacher training programs
Live Online. Zoom link will be sent to you by email once you register.
Register for this program
Please log in
if you have an account