We use the historic cannery lodge at Semiahmoo County Park near Blaine, Washington, for many of our Days of Mindfulness. Days of Mindfulness at Semiahmoo are included in many of our multi-week classes and also offered for stand-alone registration. (Note that most of our weekend/week-long retreats are held at the similar sounding Samish Island Camp - a very different place!).
Located at: 9261 Semiahmoo Pkwy, Blaine, WA 98230
Semiahmoo Cannery Lodge – site of many of our Days of Mindfulness
Directions to Semiahmoo County Park:
From I-5 take the Birch Bay – Lynden Road exit (270). Go west on Birch Bay – Lynden Road 4 miles. Turn right on Harbor View Road. Turn left on Lincoln Road. Drive 3.8 miles to Semiahmoo Park.
Please arrive between 9:30am and 9:45am. Formal practice will run from 10am – 4pm including a lunch break.
Sunset at Semiahmoo County Park
What: A day of quiet mindfulness practices led by Tim. Our day will include sitting and walking meditation, gentle yoga, the body scan, and some guided meditations. If the weather cooperates we will enjoy walking meditation and sitting quietly on the beach.
Inside the old Cannery building at Semiahmoo where we hold our Days of Mindfulness.
What to bring:
- A sack lunch including a drink (there are bathrooms and a small kitchen so water will be available but there will not be time for us to heat up food or do other preparation).
- A (travel) mug for tea – we’ll bring some paper cups in case.
- Warm clothing including rain gear. Bring layers - the building is heated but we'll be going in and out of doors.
- A blanket – we can cool down at times doing extended practice.
- Something to do sitting meditation on, if you have anything; we will bring some cushions, pads, and mats. There are chairs at the site but we may want to add cushions to them to make a proper meditation seat.
- An open-minded and curious attitude!